4×4 (Hex) Keypad Interface with ATMEGA16 – Proteus and Codevision
- Keypad is very useful for entering data manually by human control into micro-controller for processing. This increases the application of microprocessor to make calculators, cell phone type when connected with GSM module etc.
- From this article you will learn how to connect 4×4 hex keypad with Atmega16 using interrupt and MM74C922 encoder IC.
- The MM74C922 ic is a 16 key encoder with output enable, button de-bounce and data available functionalities.
- The output enable is inverted pin and should be grounded for continuous data output. Data available pin goes high for one cycle if new data is present on the output pins of MM74C922.
You may like: LCD interfacing with Microcontroller
- Another method not to use MM74C922 is polling the microcontroller continuously. Polling reduces micro-controller efficiency and decreases process speed. hence this process is far more superior.
- 4×4 (Hex) Keypad Interface with ATMEGA16 – Proteus and Codevision download the HEX file from the link below the video.
Watch the video to see how this works.
The hex file and code can be downloaded from
You searched for:
- 4×4 (Hex) Keypad Interface with ATMEGA16 – Proteus and Codevision